Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mystery Strumpet Takes on Thrillers

Like so many others before him, Clayton Moore, Bookslut’s “mystery strumpet,” ponders the definition of “thriller.”

“I usually have my own perspective on the question,” Moore writes, “but my position waffles depending on the book, the day, and my current medication.”

Moore doesn’t spend a lot of time on his pondering, however, but jumps right in and looks at three upcoming books whose thrillerish pedigrees probably won’t be much questioned: The Raw Shark Texts, by Steven Hall (Canongate), Killer Weekend, by Ridley Pearson (Putnam), and Free Fire, by C.J. Box (Putnam). (“Okay,” says Moore, “I’m going to skirt the boundaries of this month’s topic a little bit and leave you with a genuine, Edgar-winning mystery writer.”)

The piece is engaging and it’s here.

No comments: