• “Times Past,” by Matthew C. Funk (All Due Respect)
• “Hold You,” by Steve Weddle (A Twist of Noir)
• “Pillow Talk,” by Jodi MacArthur (Beat to a Pulp)
• “The Girl with a Clock for a Heart,” by Peter Swanson (Mysterical-E)
• “Secretario,” by Catherynne M. Valente (Weird Tales)
• “Ghostman on Third,” by Chad Eagleton (The Drowning Machine)
• “Carpaccio,” by Lily Childs (Thrillers, Killers ’N’ Chillers)
• “How to Jail,” by Dennis Tafoya (Crime Factory)
• “Home Invasion,” by Jen Conley (ThugLit)
• “Beat on the Brat,” by Nigel Bird (The Drowning Machine)
As Lindenmuth writes, “In one week the full list of 2011 Spinetingler Award nominees will be announced. The Spinetingler Award nominees have been selected by an editorial panel and the winners will be determined by public vote through an online voting system.” The list of short-story contenders is published ahead of the rest, in order that people have time to read those tales before casting ballots.
Congratulations to all of the nominees.