Monday, November 02, 2009

The “Thief” in Your Machine

For me anyway, this is no less good news than that TNT has picked up the cancelled NBC series Southland. According to the Web site TV Shows on DVD, “the classic Robert Wagner series It Takes a Thief, which ran on ABC for three seasons (from 1968 [to] 1970), is finally going to come to DVD. ... Right now the DVD is just gossip, officially, but it comes from a source that has always proven to be right on the money.” Let’s hope that holds true this time, too.

I missed seeing It Takes a Thief during its original run, but watched it with great relish (and sometimes behind my mother’s back) when it was broadcast on weekend afternoons later in the 1970s. Had a genie given me three wishes back then, I almost certainly would’ve spent one of them turning myself into Wagner’s suave thief, Alexander Mundy.

(Hat tip to Spy-fi Channel.)

1 comment:

Corey Wilde said...

Great! I've been waiting for this for a while. I know some episodes are available on hulu.com but I want my DVDs.