Friday, April 04, 2008

Now You Can Subscribe to The Rap Sheet

You might notice, near the top of the right-hand column on this page, a new box inviting you to “Subscribe to The Rap Sheet.” Periodically over the last year, readers have requested a simple, non-techie way to be updated whenever there’s new material in this blog (which there is most days of the week). But until recently, I haven’t been satisfied with a means of getting that information out.

However, my colleague Linda L. Richards recently installed a FeedBurner subscription box on the January Magazine front page. After signing on to that service for myself, and receiving periodic updates, I am quite pleased with the results. Therefore, I’ve decided to employ the same system for The Rap Sheet. It seems easier to use, delivers less-cluttered e-mail communications, and appears to offer more of what I am interested in (and less of what I am not) than other free Web subscription software.

So, if you feel that you’re missing out on what this page offers, and would like to receive regular updates, feel free to subscribe. And let me know what you think about this service.

4 comments:

Brian Lindenmuth said...

I would venture to guess that anyone who uses a feed reader has had a subscription to The Rap Sheet for quite sometime now.

Linda L. Richards said...

While that's true, a lot of people don't use a feed reader. That's kinda the point.

Sandra Ruttan said...

I, uh, think the point is that the post comes off sounding like there's never been a way to do this before and now there is. The point of the comment is that in reality, there's just a new option, while many people have, in fact, been subscribing for a long time.

Nothing to get knickers in a twist about. :)

Laura K. Curtis said...

And for those who really have no idea what a "feed" is, we have quite a long post on readers, subscriptions, etc, at Keeping Up With The Joneses. I've subscribed to the Rap Sheet for ages, but I am a geek. I only recently realized how many blog readers *don't* use feed aggregators, didn't even know such things existed.