Sunday, January 27, 2008

And Poe It Goes

Philadelphia lit-blogger Edward Pettit, who helped incite a war of verbiage last year over whether Philly or Baltimore has the better claim to Edgar Allan Poe’s corpse, announces that he’s launching a year-long American Poe exploration. A visit to his Web site, The Bibliothecary, finds the following message:
Come on by Monday, January 28, for the kick-off of the Ed and Edgar blog. I’ll be travelling throughout the year to all sites related to Poe and interviewing all sorts of Poe fanatics. I’ll also be spreading the Philly Poe gospel everywhere I go. The fun started in Baltimore on Poe’s birthday and will take me to Richmond, New York, Boston, West Point, back to Baltimore and finishing in October in Philadelphia for Poe’s death anniversary and his honorary holiday, Halloween.

I’ll also be speaking at various venues, which I’ll let you know about as they happen. (First up is the Manayunk Arts Center in Philly on Sun Feb 3.)

So come on by Monday and read all about my trip to Baltimore last weekend. Yes, I saw the Poe Toaster. But did I convert him to my cause? You’ll have to come back to find out.

And the first 10 readers to leave a comment on Monday’s first Ed and Edgar post will receive a Philly Poe souvenir (which I will mail to the winners free of charge).
Pettit’s new blog will be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've seen the Poe Toaster? How exciting! I'm a huge Poe fan. I'd love to hear about your Poe adventures when you come back!


-Mel