Thursday, October 10, 2019

Broken Bones Update

I don’t generally write about my personal life in this blog, but since I have had a few readers ask recently about my climb back to health, I thought an update just might be in order.

As I mentioned in mid-September, a fall down the back stairs of my house left me with five broken ribs in my back and a broken elbow. Since then, I’ve been taking a shrinking number of pain pills. I anticipate weaning myself off of all but the occasional ibuprofen by next week, and dispense with those by the end of this month.

While I still experience low-level pain in my back when I sleep, or when I extricate myself from my car, the greatest residual affect of my accident is felt in my left wrist. That continues to hurt whenever I bend it much, or when I place significant weight against it. (Luckily, I don’t have any problem typing or holding a book.) My expectation is that I’ll have to begin physical therapy on my wrist soon. I have undergone such treatment on the same arm before, and it was successful. So I hope to realize a full recovery before the year is out.

Thanks again to everyone for your well wishes.

1 comment:

Micki Browning said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!