Friday, March 23, 2018

Kerr Passes Away

I just read on Facebook about Philip Kerr’s death, at age 62. His passing has been confirmed by Kerr’s wife, fellow author Jane Thynne, in a Twitter posting:
RIP beloved Philip Kerr. Creator of the wonderful #BernieGunther. Genius writer and adored father and husband. 1956-2018.
I can’t tell you how saddened I am by this news. I’m a huge fan of Kerr’s Bernie Gunther historical crime series. However, I am away from my office now, and will have to learn and write more once I return.

READ MORE:Philip Kerr, Author of Bernie Gunther Novels, Dies Aged 62,” by Hannah Summers (The Guardian).

2 comments:

Icewineanne said...

Very shocking & sad. I was fortunate to have met him years ago at a Toronto international authors fest. I’ll miss him & Bernie!

Unknown said...

Sad news and so young. I love his Bernie Gunther books.