Per Mystery Fanfare comes word of the five finalists contending for the 2017 Bloody Words Light Mystery Award (aka the Bony Blithe Award). This will be the sixth annual presentation of that Canadian commendation, which “celebrates traditional, feel-good mysteries” capable of making the judges smile. The nominees are:
• The Corpse with the Garnet Face, by Cathy Ace (Touchwood)
• Rum Luck, by Ryan Aldred (Five Star)
• Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew’d, by Alan Bradley
• Murder on the Hour, by Elizabeth J. Duncan (St. Martin’s Press)
• A Long Ways from Home, by Mike Martin (Friesen Press)
The winner will be announced, and the prize presented, on Friday, May 26, during the Bony Blithe Mini-con and Award Gala to be held at
Toronto, Ontario’s High Park Club (100 Indian Road). For more information or to purchase a ticket for the daylong convention, go the Web site here, or send e-mail to email@example.com.
Last year’s Bony Blithe recipient was The Marsh Madness, by Victoria Abbott (a pseudonym shared by the mother-daughter writing team of Mary Jane Maffini and Victoria Maffini).