Lists of finalists were announced today in the running for the 2016 Los Angeles Times Book Prizes. There are 11 categories of contenders, including the new Christopher Isherwood Prize for Autobiographical Prose, but the one likely to be of greatest interest to Rap Sheet readers is the lineup for Best Mystery/Thriller.
The five nominees are …
• Dodgers, by Bill Beverly (Crown)
• His Bloody Project: Documents Relating to the Case of Roderick Macrae, by Graeme Macrae Burnet (Skyhorse)
• The Girls, by Emma Cline (Random House)
• The North Water, by Ian McGuire (Henry Holt)
• Darktown, by Thomas Mullen (37 Ink/Atria Books)
You’ll find the full lists of this year’s finalists by clicking here. The awards in all categories will be presented at the University of Southern California’s Bovard Auditorium on Friday, April 21. That event will serve as a prologue to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, which is scheduled to take place on the USC campus from April 22 to 23.