Thursday, January 26, 2017

Man of Many Sides

I think writer-researcher B.V. Lawson does a consistently fine job with her blog, In Reference to Murder, so I like to send traffic her way every once in a while by mentioning items from her news-bits posts. For example, she recently reported that “The Arthur Conan Doyle estate has debuted a new Web site with texts, correspondence, photos, memorabilia, and films about the creator of Sherlock Holmes and his many roles, including author, physician, advocate, and spiritualist. One interesting account is his less-than-enthusiastic attitude toward the knighthood offered to him in 1902.”

While I haven’t had much time to check out the new Conan Doyle site for myself, I’m hoping to do more exploring this weekend.

1 comment:

BVLawson said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff! This site looks it will be a fun resource for Doyle/Sherlock fans - and I also have to thank Elizabeth Foxwell for helping to keep track of the many research-related items like this one.