Sunday, December 25, 2016

Happy Holidays, Everyone!



I admit, this front from the 1959 Signet edition of The Dame, by Carter Brown (with artwork by Robert McGinnis), doesn’t look particularly festive. However, it’s promoting a celebratory series that begins today in my other blog, Killer Covers. As I explain there,
… I got to thinking about how often the word “dame” appears in the titles of those classic paperbacks I’ve come to treasure over the years. Could I find enough such books to fill a tribute to the dozen days of Twelvetide? As it turns out, there are many more than 12 available, especially if you include covers with “dame” in their teaser lines. So beginning today and running through January 5, Killer Covers is celebrating “The Twelve Dames of Christmas.”
Click here to enjoy the first entry. The Rap Sheet will be on hiatus for a few days (a little end-of-the-year breather), but you can delight in many more “dames” by visiting Killer Covers!

5 comments:

noirencyclopedia said...

The "Click here" link doesn't work. (The one in "Labels" does.)

noirencyclopedia said...

Oops, sorry. I was too quick to post my previous comment. The "Labels" link merely leads back to this page, of course!

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Those links should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know there was a problem.

Cheers,
Jeff

noirencyclopedia said...

My pleasure -- glad to have helped. I've signed up for Killer Covers, which looks to be great fun.

Anonymous said...

At this time of year in the UK "dame" has rather different associations...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantomime_dame