With just over three weeks to go now before the opening of this year’s Deadly Ink Mystery Conference (August 5-7) in New Brunswick, New Jersey, organizers have announced their selection of nominees for the 2016 David Award. Here they are:
• Ornaments of Death, by Jane K. Cleland (Minotaur)
• Big Shoes, by Jack Getze (Down & Out)
• What You See, by Hank Phillippi Ryan (Forge)
• Forgiving Mariela Camacho, by A.J. Sidransky (Berwick Court)
• Pretty Girls, by Karin Slaughter (Morrow)
Convention attendees will choose the recipient of this prize for the best mystery novel published in 2015, and the declaration of a winner will take place during a banquet on Saturday, August 6.
In case you don’t know this, the David Award is named in memory of David G. Sasher Sr., a New Jersey resident who passed away in 2006 at age 66, after working on the Deadly Ink convention.