Earlier today I posted the news about this year’s shortlisted nominees for three Dagger Awards, to be given out by the Crime Writers’ Association. But I didn’t realize, until reading Karen Meek’s Euro Crime blog, that another prize announcement had been made. Here, then, are the finalists for the 2015 Theakstons Crime Novel of the Year:
• The Facts of Life and Death, by Belinda Bauer (Black Swan)
• The Axeman’s Jazz, by Ray Celestin (Mantle)
• The Outcast Dead, by Elly Griffiths (Quercus)
• Someone Else’s Skin, by Sarah Hilary (Headline)
• The Devil in the Marshalsea, by Antonia Hodgson
(Hodder & Stoughton)
• Entry Island, by Peter May (Quercus)
In addition, Sara Paretsky will be given the Outstanding Contribution to Crime Fiction Award. Past winners of that commendation include Denise Mina, Lee Child, Val McDermid, and Mark Billingham.
The Crime Novel of the Year winner will be declared during the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate, England, July 16-19. The longlist of nominees can be found here.