I just returned home from a very long day spent helping to paint my brother-in-law’s house (no small job, considering the square-footage of said residence), to see that the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers (IAMTW) has announced this year’s Scribe Award nominees. These prizes “honor licensed works that tie in with other media such as television, movies, gaming, or comic books.” Contenders for 2015 cover a wide range of genres, so I’m not going to post the complete list; instead, click here to find that. Below are only the nominees for Best Original Novel – General. Titles and author names are preceded by the books’ TV series connections.
• 24: Deadline, by James Swallow (Forge)
• Murder She Wrote: Death of a Blue Blood, by Donald Bain (NAL)
• Mike Hammer: King of the Weeds, by Mickey Spillane and Max Allan Collins (Titan)
• Homeland: Saul’s Game, by Andrew Kaplan (Morrow)
• The Killing: Uncommon Denominator, by Karen Dionne (Titan)
Winners of this year’s Scribe Awards will be declared during Comic-Con in San Diego, California, to be held from July 9 to 12.