Most of the news coming out of Scotland this week seems to be focused around Thursday’s referendum vote on Scottish independence. But Shots’ Ayo Onatade also brings word of which books and authors have been shortlisted for the 2014 Deanston Scottish Crime Book of the Year Award. They are as follows:
• Flesh Wounds, by Christopher Brookmyre (Little, Brown)
• The Amber Fury, by Natalie Haynes (Corvus)
• Falling Fast, by Neil Broadfoot (Saraband)
• Entry Island, by Peter May (Quercus)
• A Lovely Way to Burn, by Louise Welsh (John Murray)
• In the Rosary Garden, by Nicola White (Cargo)
The winner will be announced on Saturday, September 20, during the Bloody Scotland International Crime Writing Festival being held this weekend in Stirling.