The North American Branch of the International Association of Crime Writers has announced the nominees for its Hammett Prize, given annually to a “work of literary excellence in the field of crime writing by a U.S. or Canadian author.” This year’s contenders are as follows:
• Cataract City, by Craig Davidson (Doubleday Canada)
• Green Light for Murder, by Heywood Gould (Tyrus)
• Angel Baby, by Richard Lange (Mulholland)
• Caught, by Lisa Moore (House of Anansi Press)
• The Double, by George Pelecanos (Little, Brown)
A winner will be declared during the Bloody Words Conference, to be held this summer in Toronto, Canada, June 6-8.
(Hat tip to Mystery Fanfare.)