Monday, July 09, 2012

You’ve NOT Got Mail

Here’s a puzzler for you. I came to my office this morning, got my coffee going, fired up my computer ... and discovered that all of the e-mail messages I received between October 1, 2011, and July 5, 2012, have DISAPPEARED. I know I was tired last night when, after a weekend trip, I returned home and looked over my e-mail. But I’m confident I was not so tired that I deleted nine months of messages.

I can probably live without most of those e-notes, having answered them already. However, if you sent me something within the last week or so that still demands my attention, I would appreciate your resending it. I have been trying to remember who contacted me recently, but my recollection isn’t faultless.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

2 comments:

Patrick Murtha said...

Something to do with this, I expect:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/dnschanger.asp

Anonymous said...

Periodically the entire contents of my inbox disappear. They are available in memory, but somehow have become archived.