Sunday, June 17, 2012

Much-delayed Satisfaction?

Well, it’s finally supposed to be the night when viewers learn who killed Rosie Larsen on The Killing, AMC-TV’s version of the Danish series Forbrydelsen. I can’t say I give a damn anymore.

I sat through Season 1 of this ponderously paced and increasingly soap-operaish American adaptation of the show, only to be disappointed when the last episode still refused to disclose the identity of young Rosie’s slayer. I wasn’t willing to invest my time in the sophomore season of the drama. But if you’re still among those waiting to learn whodunit, the two-part season finale of The Killing will begin tonight at 9 p.m. A brief preview is available here.

READ MORE:The Killing: So That’s Who Murdered Rosie?,” by Willa Paskin (Salon); “The Killing, Season 2: Post-finale Thoughts” (Omnimystery News); “Critic’s Notebook: Some (Possibly) Last Words on The Killing,” by Robert Lloyd (Los Angeles Times).

No comments: