Five finalists in each of 10 categories have been selected to compete in this year’s Los Angeles Times Book Prize competition. The contenders in the Mystery/Thriller category are:
• Started Early, Took My Dog, by Kate Atkinson (Reagan Arthur)
• Plugged, by Eoin Colfer (Overlook Press)
• 11/22/63, by Stephen King (Scribner)
• Snowdrops, by A.D. Miller (Doubleday)
• The End of the Wasp Season, by Denise Mina (Reagan Arthur)
You’ll find the complete inventory of Book Prize finalists here. Winners will be announced during a ceremony on Friday, April 20, the night before the opening of that weekend’s Festival of Books, to be held at the University of Southern California. Tickets for the Book Prizes presentation can be purchased, beginning on March 26.