The Independent Mystery Booksellers Association has announced the five nominees for its 2012 Dilys Award. This commendation is given out annually to “the mystery title of the [previous] year which the member booksellers have most enjoyed selling.” The contenders are:
• Faithful Place, by Tana French (Penguin)
• Wicked Autumn, by G.M. Malliet (Minotaur)
• Tag Man, by Archer Mayor (Minotaur)
• A Trick of the Light, by Louise Penny (Minotaur)
• Ghost Hero, by S.J. Rozan (Minotaur)
As most readers of this blog probably already know, the Dilys Award is named in honor of Dilys Winn, an author and the “founder of the first specialty bookseller of mystery books in the United States” (Murder Ink, which closed in 2006).
The winning novel and author will be announced during this year’s Left Coast Crime convention, to be held in Sacramento, California, from March 29 through April 1.
Last year’s Dilys recipient was Louise Penny’s Bury Your Dead.
(Hat tip to Mystery Fanfare.)