• The Cut, by George Pelecanos
• White Heat, by M.J. McGrath
• Stealing Mona Lisa, by Carson Morton
• The End of Everything, by Megan Abbott
• The Keeper of Lost Causes, by Jussi Adler-Olsen
• Stolen Lives, by Jassy Mackenzie
• Field Gray, by Philip Kerr
• City of Secrets, by Kelli Stanley
• A Wild Surge of Guilty Passion, by Ron Hansen
• The House of Silk, by Anthony Horowitz
You can read my short remarks about each of these books, plus a short list of “honorable mentions,” here.
Please feel free to mention your own favorite crime novels of 2011 in the Comments section at the bottom of that page.