Britain’s Crime Writers’ Association today announced its shortlist of contenders for the 2011 Ellis Peters Historical Award. As the news release explains, “The award is sponsored by the Estate of Ellis Peters, Headline Book Publishing Company and Little, Brown Book Group” and “commemorates the life and work of Ellis Peters (Edith Pargeter) (1913-1995), a prolific author perhaps best known as the creator of Brother Cadfael.”
Without further ado, this year’s nominees are:
• Prince, by Rory Clements (John Murray)*
• The Red Coffin (aka Shadow Pass), by Sam Eastland (Faber & Faber)
• The Hanging Shed, by Gordon Ferris (Corvus)
• The Somme Stations, by Andrew Martin (Faber & Faber)
• The Cleansing Flames, by R.N. Morris (Faber & Faber)
• Island of Bones, by Imogen Robertson (Headline)
The winner of this commendation is scheduled to be declared on November 30 during at ceremony at London’s Athenaeum Club.
* Clements was also the recipient of last year’s Ellis Award.