• There Was a Crooked Man, by Day Keene
• A Stone of the Heart, by John Brady
• The Six Men, by E. and M.A. Radford
• Brittle Innings, by Michael Bishop
• The Green Jade Hand, by Harry Stephen Keeler
• Private Heat, by Robert Bailey
• The Problem of the Green Capsule, by John Dickson Carr
• Too Many Women, by Rex Stout
• The Man with a Load of Mischief, by Martha Grimes
• Old Scores, by Aaron Elkins
• The Mystery of the Green Ray, by William Le Queux
• Give Us a Kiss, by Daniel Woodrell
• The Sour Lemon Score, by Richard Stark
• Sin Camp, by Anthony Calvano• The Devil Met a Lady, by Stuart M. Kaminsky
In addition, Evan Lewis has posted a forgotten short story: 1949’s “The Tasting Machine,” written by Paul Cain and published in Black Mask.
For a full list of today’s series participants, plus two more suggestions of older books worth reading, click over to Patti Abbott’s blog.