The Strand Magazine this morning announced the nominees for its 2010 Critics Awards. Contenders were chosen “by a select group of book critics and journalists” from around the United States.
• The Reversal, by Michael Connelly (Little, Brown)
• Faithful Place, by Tana French (Viking)
• The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson (Knopf)
• Moonlight Mile, by Dennis Lehane (Morrow)
• I’d Know You Anywhere, by Laura Lippman (Morrow)
Best First Novel:
• Blacklands, by Belinda Bauer (Simon & Schuster)
• Rock Paper Tiger, by Lisa Brackmann (Soho Press)
• The Poacher’s Son, by Paul Doiron (Minotaur)
• The Sherlockian, by Graham Moore (Twelve)
• Snow Angels, by James Thompson (Putnam)
Winners will be named and awards presented during an invitation-only cocktail party to be held in New York City on July 6.
(Hat tip to Murder, Mystery & Mayhem.)