Shortlisted nominees for the 2010 Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards were announced last night, according to blogger-author Declan Burke. There are 10 categories of competitors, with half a dozen novels in contention for Ireland AM Crime Fiction Book of the Year honors:
• City of Lost Girls, by Declan Hughes (John Murray)
• Time of Death, by Alex Barclay (HarperCollins)
• Faithful Place, by Tana French (Hachette Books Ireland)
• The Missing, by Jane Casey (Ebury)
• Dark Times in the City, by Gene Kerrigan (Vintage)
• The Twelve, by Stuart Neville (Vintage)
While I haven’t read as many Irish crime novels this year as Burke, I agree with him that at least one exceptional work is missing from this list: Kevin McCarthy’s Peeler.
Winners will be announced on November 25.