Monday, February 22, 2010

Ho Ho Hoodlums

Take note, fans of the late, great Robert B. Parker: Although no mention of this work has yet appeared at Amazon, American distributor Ingram has a listing on its ipage book catalogue site for an “Untitled Spenser Holiday Novel,” due out from Putnam on November 2 of this year. If true, that means there will be two novels published this year starring Parker’s original protagonist, Spenser. The Boston gumshoe is already slated to appear in Painted Ladies, due for release in the fall.

All well and good, but I’m still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of some “Christmas special” Spenser story. Can you see Hawk draping tinsel on a tree?

3 comments:

MysterLynch said...

More likely is Hawk taking somebody out with a tree.

Dwight Brown said...

I don't really see Susan and Spenser being tinsel types at all; I expect Susan would find tinsel tacky.

She'd probably object to Spenser's string of shotgun shell Christmas lights, too.

Unknown said...

I don't care if it's a Christmas story or a Thanksgiving story. All I know is I will be visiting with my friends,Spenser,Hawk and co. and that is a treat anytime of the year