Monday, October 12, 2009

Countdown to Bouchercon

As most readers of this blog surely know, the 40th Bouchercon World Mystery Convention begins this Thursday in Indianapolis, Indiana. Unfortunately, I can’t attend. But three Rap Sheet regulars will be roaming the hallways and bars--Ali Karim, Jim Winter, and Stephen Miller--and they have promised to submit dispatches.

If you’re curious what famous figures and fans will be on hand for the festivities, check out this list.

Meanwhile, one of the people who registered--The Hungry Detective’s Dan Wagner--has put together a two-part “Best of Bouchercon” list, identifying the panels he finds especially interesting. Chances are, you’d see me at many of those same discussions, if I weren’t trapped back here in Seattle. Part I of Wagner’s list is here, Part II is here.

And for both the Indiana-bound and the rest of us, Mystery Readers Journal editor Janet Rudolph has compiled a rather lengthy list of mysteries set at conventions. We’ll Always Have Parrots by Donna Andrews, The James Deans by Reed Farrell Coleman, The Anglo-Irish Murders by Ruth Dudley Edwards--the list goes on and on.

READ MORE:The Absent Girl’s Guide to Bouchercon 2009,” by Sarah Weinman (Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind).

1 comment:

Bill Cameron said...

I am suffering severe separation anxiety over the fact that I can't go to Bouchercon this year. Hopefully I can hold myself together until Left Coast Crime in March.