Saturday, September 06, 2008

A Cold Dose of Reality

Can this really be? It used to seem so far away. But now there’s just over a month left before Bouchercon 2008 opens in Baltimore, Maryland, on October 9. While that’s exciting, it is also terrifying. If you knew the amount of work I have to complete between now and the time I drag my overstuffed bags onto an eastbound plane, you would know why the thought of those 33 remaining days sends shivers cascading up my spine. Sleep? I guess I’m not going to enjoy much of that over this next month ... And I’m probably not the only one in this same boat.

As a little reminder of what’s to come, I have installed a small Bouchercon section near the top of the right-hand column on this page. It will link you to the main Bouchercon Web site, as well as to the convention’s official blog (which offers updates on arrangements being made for the festivities). Also included is a link to the list of folks--writers, critics, etc.--who’ll be attending.

Two other things to check out, when you have a moment’s free time: Jon Jordan’s post featuring advice for Bouchercon newcomers and old hands alike; and Baltimore resident Laura Lippman’s suggestions on where to eat and what to see while you’re in Charm City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone interested in the PWA Shamus Banquet should go to the pwanewsandviews.com blog for info, and then email me for more info. Or you can look on the Crime Spree Bouchercon blog.

RJR

Anonymous said...

...and anyone who wants to organize a meet-up with other fans of a favorite writer should stop in at--

http://www.laurierking.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=40

and Vicki will start a thread.

See you next month!

Laurie King