Saturday, June 07, 2008

Taxi!

I’ve raved so often about publisher Hard Case Crime and its superb, sexy-covered reviving of my past pulp life that people might think I’m related to editor-publisher-novelist Charles Ardai. But now cousin Charles (just kidding) has rediscovered a Donald E. Westlake classic, Somebody Owes Me Money, that hasn’t been published in more than 35 years, and it’s a great read. I have never been a fan of comic crime capers, but this one has lots of noir elements. It’s about a cab driver who has to solve the murder of his bookie, and fast--before the cops or an angry beauty commit harm to his body.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just bought this one. It will be my first Westlake novel. I'll blog it. About the cover, I think it is the black go-go boots that do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Rhis was made into a Bill Cosby movie!

RJR