Thursday, June 12, 2008

Long Overdue

Regular readers of this page know about my longstanding affection for actress Susan Saint James. So you can understand the sense of satisfaction I get at hearing that she was honored this week with a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.

Saint James, you will remember, co-starred with Rock Hudson in McMillan & Wife (part of the NBC Mystery Movie “wheel series), and before that was the consistent part of another rotating series, The Name of the Game. She also appeared in an early episode of Dennis Weaver’s McCloud, played opposite Robert Wagner in several eps of It Takes a Thief, did two guest shots on Ironside, and was featured in the first installment of Alias Smith and Jones. She had considerably more work after McMillan, including a second series (Kate and Allie), but even now that she’s turned 61 years old, I still remember her from my too-long-gone adolescent days. I’ve written previously that she was a “slender, lovely brunette with a make-you-forget-your-name smile and an imperfect, smoky voice.” I can hardly improve on that description now.

Susan Saint James gets a star on the Walk of Fame?

It’s about damn time.

No comments: