Monday, May 12, 2008

Noises Off

I hadn’t really expected anything to come of my complaint, made in yesterday’s post about Mike Ripley’s new “Getting Away with Murder” column, that Shots was assaulting its visitors’ ears with its auto-loading audio advertisement for Jason Pinter’s The Mark. Yes, it was obnoxious. But what to do about it wasn’t my call.

So I was surprised to receive in my e-mailbox this morning the following note from Shots editor Mike Stotter:
Everything is now resolved on the homepage. It’s the viewer’s choice to click on the video to make it play. No sound bleeds through to any of the links.
If you really want the blaring promo for The Mark, click here. Otherwise, rest assured that you can visit Shots without having to turn your speaker volume down, or off.

A grateful readership thanks you, Mike.

No comments: