Sunday, May 04, 2008

Another Milestone Goes By

Well, so much for that neat potential coincidence. The Rap Sheet will celebrate its second anniversary later this month, and I’ve been thinking that at about the same time, we’d be putting up our 2,000th post and counting the 300,000th visit to this blog (just six months after we registered our 200,000th visit). But I was wrong. As it turns out, the little red counter at the bottom of this page’s right-hand column flipped over to 300,000 sometime yesterday afternoon. A couple of weeks early.

We’re now clocking about 100,000 visits every six months. That wouldn’t seem like much to Salon, CNN, Daily Kos, or some of the larger daily newspaper sites. Yet it’s remarkable for The Rap Sheet, I think. And it shows that we must be doing something right, after all. Thanks to everyone for hanging in there with us as we struggle to create a crime-fiction-oriented blog that’s both entertaining and informative--and that doesn’t cause us to sacrifice all of our free time in the process.

5 comments:

r2 said...

Congrats! I love your blog. It's a must-read for me. I don't comment much, because I'm just happy to be entertained and informed. Keep up the good work.

angie said...

Wow! That's pretty damn cool. And yes, you're definitely doing something right...

Happy (early) b'day!

Sophie Littlefield said...

hey, well done - thanks for all the posts; i visit the R.S. first :)

Keith Raffel said...

Here's to millions more. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

The Rap Sheet has become one of my daily reads. Please keep it going. I like it so much that I have it linked from my blog.