Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Strike, a Story

It appears we’re making significant strides toward to the publication of Dennis Lehane’s next novel. I just received the following e-mail note from New Jersey author Jack Getze:
I’m in St. Pete Beach, FL, taking a writing class from Dennis Lehane at Eckerd College. Yesterday, he showed us the cover of his new book which he said just arrived. A Given Day, he called it, a “historical novel about the 1919 Boston police strike.” Said he’d been interested in that strike since he was a kid. He said [the novel] was due to be published in September.
Sign me up for a copy.

2 comments:

Ali Karim said...

Thanks for the heads-up - a Lehane novel arriving is a major diary event for me -

Ali

Anonymous said...

At Saturday night's wrap-up, Lehane read from the new novel for about 30 minutes. The scene was dark, dark, dark, and very exciting. Several twists dropped my jaw. The protagonist of A GIVEN DAY is Danny Coughlin, a Boston cop.