Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Evil E on the Trail to Madness

No one does an interview up quite like Evil E. This time her target is Zoë Sharp (Second Shot). On Ms. E’s lively blog, Sharp is grilled by David Montgomery, Ali Karim, Allison Brennan (Killing Fear), Louise Ure (The Fault Tree), Paul Guyot, and Jason Starr (The Follower). And why the group grope-style interview? Probably because we can, darling. Because we can.

At one point, Montgomery asks, “Is it true that you could snap Barry Eisler in half like a twig?” And Sharp responds ... er ... sharply:
What, with those sad lost puppy-dog eyes, how could you possibly want me to hurt poor Barry? Oh, David, shame on you! Actually, to me hand-to-hand is always a last resort. Running away is by far the best option.
I don’t think it’s much of a secret that Evil E is the weirdly non-commercial counterpart of novelist Elaine Flinn, whose most recent Molly Doyle mystery, Deadly Vintage, came out in September. OK: let me take that back. It is possible it’s a big secret. And I suspect that, if it is, I might not live to tell about it, or something. Meanwhile, the Evil-Eenterview is here.

3 comments:

Allison Brennan said...

You know, Evil E is really evil. Sure, she has a nice smile and kind manner, but it's all an act, sort of like the witch who lured Hanzel and Gretel into the oven . . . She asked me for one little teeny-tiny favor which I happily agreed to, and suddenly I'm roped into her evil team of cohorts. At gun point, I might add. Have you seen those people? I'm scared. I'm trapped. If you don't hear from me in the future, you might want to look in Elaine Flinn's backyard. Under the daisies. It's rumored that Evil-E uses Elaine for all her dirty work . . .

Evil E said...

Don't believe one word that drips from Allison Brennan's uber-creative key board. The woman is a phenom writer, right? Well, hell - then it's a given that she has a deranged mind and makes up all kinds of scary stuff.

But I liked the 'nice smile and kind manner.' And I'm really harmless.

And I make stuff up too. :)

Anonymous said...

Not Evil? Ha! I have two words for you: vendetta and scared-beyond-reason! Ok - that's really four words, but you get the idea. I would tell you more but I'm too afraid Evil E will be able to pinpoint my location if I stay online too long. I'm in hiding - being protected and all that, because of her.

Heed Allison's warning, I tell you - Evil E is, well, baaaaddddd.

All I did was refuse to read her blog...once. Nearly didn't live to tell about it either. Really - life's too short - read her blog -and live to have a long and happy life....not the wretched existence of moving from safehouse to safe house, in the dark of night/pouring rain/three miles in the snow uphill both ways that I now endure.

You've all been warned.......