Monday, March 19, 2007

Huston and the Bat

Fans of Charlie Huston (A Dangerous Man, No Dominion) will want to catch a literary podcast with the crime fictionist on the Bat Segundo Show. From that podcast:
When I was writing my first novel, Caught Stealing, I was writing it without any expectation or drive toward getting it published. It was while I was still an actor, but not employed. And I needed to stay busy creatively. And so I started writing something that I thought would be a short story, and it grew and grew and grew. But I wasn’t thinking about anyone else reading it, let alone having it published. I didn’t care about form. I didn’t care about format. Which is why a lot of the style has evolved through the books.
You can catch the whole podcast interview with Huston here.

No comments: