Saturday, January 06, 2007

Try, Try Again

Nashville, Tennessee, author J.T. Ellison, whose first novel, All the Pretty Girls, will be published by Mira Books in November, tells interviewer Lance Carter from the Murder & Mystery Books 101 blog about her uneasy entry into the crime-writing field:
I began writing in 2003, latching on to crime fiction after reading John Sandford’s PREY series. I wanted to evoke that emotion, explore the darker side of life. I wrote a novella and submitted it everywhere, and got a ton of rejections. So I expanded it, altered the story and started over. I signed with my agent, but the book didn’t sell. It was back to the drawing board, but this time, a completely fresh book. All The Pretty Girls sold to Mira Books soon thereafter.
Read their whole exchange here.

No comments: