Friday, June 30, 2006

Summery Judgment II

Even though I can become quite cranky when it comes to reading lists, I admit to being just inconsistent enough on this subject to disclose which books are on my reading stand. Since I’m scrambling to get out of town to a wedding (mine), I will be brief. I just hope my wife-to-be fully realizes what a noir bastard she’s marrying.This is also the time to disclose that I’m chronically six months behind in my reading. Between the books I read in order to publish reviews and interviews, and the magazines that pour into the house, it just happens. Anyway, my reading choices for this summer:

Bust, by Ken Bruen and Jason Starr

Rain Dogs, by Sean Doolittle

The Meanest Flood, by John Baker

The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril, by Paul Malmont

And because this man does not live by crime fiction alone …

Jefferson and Monticello: The Biography of a Builder, by Jack McLaughlin

See you all after the Fourth of July holiday.

READ MORE: J. Kingston Pierce’s Summer Reading Picks; Linda L. Richards’ Summer Reading Picks.

4 comments:

Linda L. Richards said...

Great list! Thanks for sharing it.

And I wanted to send my congratulations on your coming nuptials. Will The Rap Sheet be getting exclusive coverage of the event?

Mystery Dawg said...

J,

Congrats to you and the bride to be. I was in the same position a few years ago have successfully negotiated all the bookcases, stacks of books, etc for the last 6 years. It can be done.
Aldo

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Well if she didn't know before, she'll surely know if/when she sees this post!

Best wishes to you both,
Chris

mybillcrider said...

Congratulations on your marriage, and I hope you have time to read all those books. And that you like Chinatown Death Cloud Peril more than I did.