Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Parker Talks

Thanks to novelist Bill Crider for the lead to Elizabeth Foxwell’s interview with Robert B. Parker on “It’s a Mystery,” a weekly production of WEBR in Fairfax, Virginia.

I had a chance to interview Parker a quarter-century ago, after the publication of his eighth Parker novel, Early Autumn (1981), and the interesting thing is to hear just how refined he’s made his standard answers over the years. It would be great to have another chance to sit down with him, as I did so long ago in Cambridge, and subject him to a thorough, probing January Magazine-style interview. Unfortunately, his publishers haven’t responded to my entreaties over the years. Parker’s now 73--maybe I can corral him before he reaches the three-quarter-century mark.

1 comment:

mybillcrider said...

Let's hope you can corner him. I'd love to read the interview.