Monday, May 28, 2007

Meme and More

Finnish writer-blogger Juri Nummelin wasn’t able to participate in The Rap Sheet’s first-anniversary “overlooked books” project. However, in a post today he recommends an unlucky 13 additional titles that would’ve qualified for that list, including the deliciously titled So Young, So Wicked (1957), by Jonathan Craig, the plot of which Nummelin describes thusly: “a mob hitman is hired to kill a 15-year-old nymfette [sic] who lures the man into a web of deception.”

Meanwhile, reviewer Bill Peschel suggests a new meme for crime-fiction readers. “Go through [The Rap Sheet’s] list and highlight the books you have read and, just so we all don’t end up with scores of ‘4’ (my score), highlight any author whose book you’ve read (16 in my case).” Hmm. Taking that test myself, I’ve read 31 of the 115 novels nominated; however, I have enjoyed work by 52 of the authors mentioned. What’s your score?

No comments: