Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Just Ask

I’ve spent my entire career as a journalist interviewing people. Yet I hate being interviewed myself. I fear I am going to say something shallow or incorrect, and then have to live forevermore with the memory of my error. So I am always impressed by the ability of other authors to speak both authoritatively, clearly, and candidly.

With this season bringing forth so many new crime, mystery, and thriller works, it’s understandable that we should be offered an abundance of fresh conversations with their writers. Scott Montgomery has recently posted two such exchanges in the MysteryPeople blog: one with British thriller novelist Sarah Pinborough (Cross My Heart), the other with Reed Farrel Coleman, whose fifth police chief Jesse Stone novel, Robert B. Parker’s Colorblind, is just out today.

Meanwhile, you can click right over to Criminal Element to find Traci Lambrecht talking about The Guilty Dead, the first entry in the Monkeewrench series that she’s penned since the death of her collaborator and mother, Patricia “P.J.” Lambrecht, in 2016. Finally, one of the best author interviewees I know, Max Allan Collins, chats with Jonathan Maberry, new president of the International Association of Media and Tie-in Writers, about his sideline of writing books based on films, TV series, and other entertainment sources.

No comments: