Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Crider’s Care Continues Apace

To follow up on what I wrote last Thursday about author Bill Crider’s health problems, here’s an update he posted today in his blog:
I’m still here. I saw my doctor at the [University of Texas] M.D. Anderson [Cancer Center], and she’s still very optimistic. There have been some complications, but she wasn’t as concerned about them as I am. I’ve had the first in a series of shots, and I’ll be starting chemo in about a month or a month and a half. My daughter, Angela, has been here through all of this, and I couldn’t have made it without her. She’ll be going back to California soon, and I’ll have to see how I can make it on my own for a while. If things don’t go well, my son or my sister can come. I think I’ll be fine, though. I hope to ease back into blogging later in the week. We’ll see how it goes.
Sadly, when I asked him whether he’d be attending next month’s Bouchercon in New Orleans, as previously planned, Bill responded, “I’d hoped to, but it’s highly doubtful.”

No comments: