Thursday, October 04, 2012

It’s Almost Like Being There

Bouchercon 2012 officially kicked off earlier today in Cleveland, Ohio. I’m not there, or I would be bringing you my own preliminary impressions of the festivities. However, I have spotted several blog posts written by others, recounting their experiences. Check out Jeri Westerson’s Day 1 thoughts, Lesa Holstine’s convention travel memories, and Peter Rozovsky’s observations about the Cleveland launch of Books to Die For, edited by John Connolly and Declan Burke.

I shall endeavor to keep up with additional postings from Bouchercon. Let me know, though, if I miss mentioning any. Friday night is supposed to bring an announcement of this year’s recipients of the Shamus Awards; and the Anthony Awards are scheduled to be presented on Saturday night. Correspondent Ali Karim should be on hand for both events, letting me know who has won.

READ MORE:Bouchercon Day 1: Rock and Roll Is Here to Pay,” by Peter Rozovsky (Detectives Beyond Borders); “Cleveland Bouchercon Day 2,” by Jeri Westerson (Getting Medieval).

No comments: