Monday, October 18, 2010

Zymer Pulls a Switcheroo

Checking my voluminous backlog of e-mail this morning, I found the following note from Rap Sheet contributor (and former Chicago Tribune books critic) Dick Adler. He writes:
While the rest of were off enjoying yourselves at Bouchercon in San Francisco, I’ve been scrabbling away on my serial novel, Forget About It: The First Al Zymer Senile Detective Mystery. Installment Seven is up now at my new site, Forget About It--Al Zymer’s Blog, with archives still to be found here.

Why the change? Funny you should ask. Thanks to the efforts of the spammer/extortionist from Edinburgh (go get him, Rebus!) who digitally assaulted me on Facebook last year, I can’t currently access my personal page, The Knowledgeable Blogger.  The best cops on the Web are at work trying to track this guy down, but if you’ve seen the excellent new film,
The Social Network, you know that the bad guys usually win.

Tell your friends about this latest
Forget About It installment, and thanks for listening.
What a nightmare, having to deal with crooks and kooks on the Web. It almost makes you want to give up on blogging altogether. Almost.

No comments: