Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No Stain Removers Necessary

I should learn never to go looking through my files on old TV crime-dramas unless I’ve set aside a few hours for that task, and then promise to refrain from reading everything as I go along.

While looking today for some information I needed to flesh out Wikipedia’s entry about the 1976 Wayne Rogers historical gumshoe drama, City of Angels, I stumbled across an intriguing spread from the July 27, 1974, edition of TV Guide. (What, you thought I only saved books?) It’s a feature about how costumers created those rumpled raincoats that Los Angeles police Lieutenant Columbo wore during his original seven years of action on NBC.

Simply click on the image below to make it readable.


READ MORE:Style Points,” by J. Kingston Pierce (The Rap Sheet).

No comments: