Sunday, May 17, 2009

Count Yourselves Lucky

Last Monday, we announced the beginning of a contest to win three free, signed copies of John Shannon’s new, 11th Jack Liffey novel, Palos Verdes Blue. Today, we are pleased to announce the winners of those books, their names chosen at random from the 35 correct entries to our competition. They are:

Diane Stewart of Los Angeles, California
Mark Justice of Flatwoods, Kentucky
Helen Tilley of Wanganui, New Zealand

Congratulations to all three of these Rap Sheet readers. Author Shannon will send out copies personally to each of them. Thanks, too, to everyone who took part in this contest. We are already arranging for another books giveaway in the near future.

By the way, the answer to our Palos Verdes Blue contest entry question (“John Shannon was born in Detroit, but after World War II his family moved to a major seaport neighborhood in Los Angeles. What’s the name of that neighborhood?”) was San Pedro.

3 comments:

Helen said...

I do count myself as being very lucky!! A chance to try out an author who is new to me. This is what I love about reading the Rap Sheet - I'm constantly being introduced to authors and books that are new to me. Only frustration often having to wait until the titles filter down to NZ.
Thank you for the opportunity to enter the competition

John Shannon said...

Only too happy to filter my book down there.

You might even find an old copy of Broken Codes that was remaindered in Australia and NZ--back in the '80s.

Diane R. Stewart said...

I count myself lucky too. John Shannon is one of my very favorite authors! I can hardly wait to spend some time with Jack Liffey in PV - a suburb of LA not too far from me.
Many thanks.