Thursday, October 16, 2008

“Demolition Is Done”

You’d better savor the latest issue of Bryon Quertermous’ Demolition, because it’s going to be the last one. Quertermous says he’s finally decided to pull the plug on his well-respected Webzine. As he writes on his personal blog:
We had a good run of almost three years but I’m tired of it now. I’m tired of the work and of dealing with the idiots. The great stories I get are getting fewer and fewer and the morons are getting more and more prevalent. But like I said, it could just be me. I was never all that professional with it to begin with, but even that sliver of professionalism has been slipping and I don’t want to deal with it any more.

I started Demolition after Plots with Guns died to help fill the gap. Once PWG came back, I knew Demolition’s days were numbered. So now maybe some other person with more energy and more passion about it can fill this gap. I’d love to see a new zine or two sprout up out of this.

The site will remain up until the zombies of the internet come and eat it, but I won’t be updating anymore. I know this is the right thing to do because I don’t feel bad about it at all. So thank you to all of the writers and readers who made us who we were. I appreciate it.
That’s too bad. Quertermous has done an excellent job of combining work by familiar wordsmiths with stories from still-unknowns. Demolition will definitely be missed.

No comments: