Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Feeding Frenzy

Bookgasm’s Bruce Grossman told me not long ago that the reason he’s able to log so much reading time on behalf of his weekly column, “Bullets, Broads, Blackmail & Bombs,” is because “I don’t watch TV that much, especially since I don’t have cable and [I download] anything of interest I would watch (The Wire). The only shows I really watch are Lost ..., 30 Rock, The Office, and Law & Order.”

During part of that time he’s saved, Grossman decided to overachieve in the matter of reading Warren Murphy and Richard Sapir’s long-running paperback series, The Destroyer, which features daring U.S. government operative Remo Williams. “I’ve really wanted to do an all-Remo Williams column for a long time,” Grossman explains in the introduction to his latest BBB&B column, “but felt I should do something truly special for it. So instead of covering the usual three books, I read 10 Destroyer novels. Some are fan favorites; others were suggested as must-reads. So settle back and enjoy, since there is no way I’m ever going to attempt this one again. Well, at least not soon.”

Grossman’s Destroyer mission can be found here. Readers interested in learning more about the Remo Williams books should visit the Destroyer Club site.

And by the way, if you missed celebrating the 100th BBB&B column, you can read all about it here.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Bruce picked some great books from the series.

And thank you for the Destroyer Club link.