Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Fabled Return

And suddenly, it’s back: Plots With Guns, editor Anthony Neil Smith’s once-popular Webzine, which looked to have posted its “final issue” at the end of 2004. The new information page explains that PWG is starting out again as a quarterly, and beginning anew with Issue #1. A fresh start, I suppose you could say. This first second-generation edition features short fiction by the likes of Greg Bardsley (“Upper Deck”), Stephen Blackmoore (“Come to Jesus”), Tim Maleeny (“The Pride of Master Ling”), Matthew Louis (“The Fighter Still”), and others. It also boasts a dynamite cover photo by Peter Kim.

We wish Mr. Smith and his contributors the best of luck. Who says there are no second chances in life?

1 comment:

Neil said...

Is that a *tiny* bit of skepticism I read into this? Ha, well... good. Gives me something to overcome.

It kind of came as a surprise to me, too. Just sitting there one night looking at Murdaland, thinking about life and booze and fiction and web formatting, and there it was: "I can make it work after all."

And so I swear I will, damn it.

Thanks for the shout out.