Thursday, January 17, 2008

Joan Rivers, Crime Writer?

I read with amusement that outspoken American comedienne Joan Rivers, who is currently in the UK working on the Big Brother reality-TV show, told an interviewer that she wishes to pen a series of crime novels:
American Joan, who turns 75 in June, plans to follow in the footsteps of Agatha Christie and P.D. James by dreaming up her own mystery stories, reports the Daily Express.

She’s quoted as saying: “There’s a series of books I want to write. There’s so much work to do. That’s what gets me up every morning and makes me crazy when I have more than two days off at a time.”
You can read more about Rivers’ authorial plans here. Perhaps, in due time, she will reveal more about her plans in her blog. Then again, she could be joking.

No comments: