Thursday, April 05, 2007

P.I.s and Gondolas

Sometimes, the expansive world of the Internet only serves to illustrate how small the world really is. While reading an architecture listerv I subscribe to, I came across this selection of books about Venice, Italy. I looked it over a couple of times before I realized the author was none other than Sharon Zukowski.

Zukowski, the creator of the Blaine Stewart private-eye series, hasn’t been heard from in crime-fiction circles for 10 years (since the publication of Jungleland). Her books were among the most underrated in the subgenre containing women detective protagonists, and among the first to explore Wall Street as an active setting for mystery fiction.

Zukowski is also an intrepid traveler, and further poking around took me to her Web site and to her blog. Weird Venice is where you can find Zukowski's musings about and around the City of Light.

Another entry in the Blaine Stewart series would be nice. Until then, though, we can enjoy Weird Venice.

(Hat tip to the Traditional Architecture Listserv.)

No comments: